Alex Wilson calls Bullitt Center "one of the most important commercial buildings of the past 50 years"May 23, 2013Treehugger
- We have admired the Bullitt Center from afar, and wondered about the claim that it was the greenest building in the world. Now Alex Wilson of BuildingGreen tours it and concludes that it probably is.
May 02, 2013Environmental Defense Fund
- On Earth Day this year, The Bullitt Center opened its doors in Seattle, Washington. The six-story building is being hailed as the greenest commercial building in the world.
Apr 25, 2013The Spectator
- The Bullitt Center on opening day generated more energy than it consumed. The Seattle sun charged the facility’s rooftop solar panels and sent the excess energy back into Seattle City Light’s power grid. Being touted as the “greenest commercial building in the world,” and built to meet the Living Building standards of green engineering, the Bullitt Center is a technological feat.
Apr 24, 2013Earth Techling
- On an uncharacteristically sunny and warm April day in Seattle, a ribbon-cutting ceremony was held for the new Bullitt Center, which is being called the “greenest commercial building” in the world. While this moniker is debatable, some hyperbole can be forgiven as it was April 22, Earth Day 2013, with one of Earth Day’s early organizers, Denis Hayes, in attendance.
Apr 22, 2013YES! Magazine
- Peering down Seattle’s Capitol Hill, the Bullitt Center appears to be just another high-end commercial building—until you look up and notice the roof, which is overlaid with shiny silver photovoltaic panels that extend far beyond the building’s exterior walls. Even in the cloudiest of cities, the panels generate all the electricity the six-story structure requires.
Apr 18, 2013EarthFix / KCTS 9
- Before skyscrapers, Seattle’s waterfront held little more than tide flats edged with evergreen forests. Those forests ran off the sunlight and rainwater that fell on them, and they did nothing to pollute the area.
Apr 12, 2013KOMO TV
- SEATTLE -- The world's greenest office building will be unveiled in Seattle later this month, but KOMO News got an inside look at the future of the workplace.
Apr 10, 2013Popular Mechanics
- Seattle's new Bullitt Center—which will house eco-conscious tenants such as the International Living Future Institutue and the University of Washington Integrated Design Lab—is the brainchild of Bullitt Foundation president Denis Hayes.
Apr 03, 2013New York Times
- When an office building here that bills itself as the world’s greenest officially opens later this month, it will present itself as a “living building zoo,” with docents leading tours and smartphone-wielding tourists able to scan bar codes to learn about the artfully exposed mechanical and electrical systems.
Mar 15, 2013The Seattle Times
- The new Bullitt Center, with its sleek, gray facade and giant solar-paneled roof, aims to be the Prius of green building design. The structure certainly provokes those who walk through its doors to think about the environment and our consumption habits.